GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
It comprises of a H.O.D and Six members from various departments who are also teachers. We also have peer counselors who are also students from all the classes. We have two members from each class.
• To enable the learners acquire guidance on how to successfully cope with challenges that characterize each place of development
• To identify possible correction measures so as to overcome personal difficulties which may lead to unacceptable behaviour.
• Help leaders to identify and avoid situations or activities that are potentially dangerous.
• To help learners develop a deep understanding of who they are and acknowledge their potential, abilities and their weaknesses.
• Learners are enabled to adjust to the new and unfamiliar educational environment.
• To help learners to be better informed about subjects of study and subject choices.
• To acquire life skills, attitudes and living values that enable them manage their problems with less year and anxiety.
• All members are actively involved in guiding and counseling our students on various areas like HIV/AIDS, Sexuality,relationships,drug addiction, career choices and good grooming.
• We are organized into various groups called families and each family comprises of students from all the classes. Each family has two teacher/parent in charge and a student leader.
• We normally meet occasionally to discuss issues pertaining to the group members also emerging issues like conflict resolution,HIV/AIDS teenage pregnancies etc.
• Other times we address girls and boys separately due to the nature of their problerms.
• We normally invite trained counselors and motivational speakers.
• We occasionally invite nurses from our neighbouring hospital to address their health issues.
• Every beginning of the year after the form one’s report we do thorough induction whereby we familiarize them with the new environment and do formal introduction to all the teachers and the subjects they teach.
• During the third term all the new prefects are also given a thorough training on leadership skills through the help of this department.
• Members of the department together with the HOD work hand in hand with the school administration for the betterment of the school.